Purchasing Officer - Brisbane Eastern Suburbs
CT Recruitment specialize in supplying fulltime / permanent solutions for our clients in the civil construction, trades, manufacturing and warehousing industries.
A well-established and highly reputable company, they supply and manufacture high power electrical units for the automotive industry.
We have a very rewarding opportunity for a motivated and career driven Purchasing Specialist, to join a great team based in Brisbane's Eastern Suburbs.
To secure this role, you need great skills in negotiation and numbers relating to all aspects of purchasing and supply chains management.
This is a 3 month contract with the opportunity to extend longer, due to the fantastic growth our client is experiencing.
Primarily, we are looking for those who have excellent expediting skills, ensuring the supplier can meet its prescribed delivery dates & satisfy agreed-to specifications (Quantity, quality, performance).
This can be a time intensive role so we are looking for someone who relishes the opportunity of chasing suppliers, developing relationships & working with them.a
You will play a key role within the business and operations team. The Purchasing officer will be responsible for -
- Sourcing, negotiating and purchasing from national and international suppliers (Australia, Asia, Europe, UK)
- Forecasting & purchasing based on stock on hand, history and lead times.
- Stock level management and reporting.
- Identify cost savings opportunities for the business, also our suppliers and our customers
- Continuously reviewing and resolving any issues regarding quotations and pricing, ensuring best price, supply terms and lead times.
- Further developing the purchasing procedures to ensure products meet high quality standards.
- Liaising with all business units ensuring smooth supply chain management.
To be successful in securing this position with us, you must
- Possess minimum 3 years experience in purchasing & negotiation experience
- Have understanding of importing/logistics principles.
- Have planning skills and ability to solve problems.
- Possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Have high attention to detail with ability to multitask when required.
- Computer skills must include some basic excel formulas (SQL database training available on the job)
Our Client is looking to employ the right person not the first person, so please submit an up to date resume along with 2 contactable references. we are interviewing now, with a view for an immediate start.
* Please note, phone enquiries will not be taken and only those who meet the above criteria will be contacted.
If you meet the selection criteria please "Apply For This Job Now" to submit your resume.
Apply For This Job Now: