Continuous Improvement Tech. - Engineer - Manufacturing
CT Labour Hire is an Australian owned business based just south of Brisbane City. We service companies in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Darling Downs and throughout Australia.
We specialise in supplying reliable, qualified workers for the civil construction, trades, manufacturing and warehousing industries.
This Brisbane based role is a full-time contract position which would become permanent for the right person.
It is ideally suited to a driven and ambitious individual who is looking for great future career scope, someone with a passion for continuous improvement in manufacturing and previous experience working in a position where this has been a strong focus.
One of the key challenges will be to influence, lead and cultivate a new 'lean manufacturing' based culture and mindset across the business' manufacturing team - engaging them in the journey key to your success.
This role will work across a range of projects and responsibilities. Some of which include developing new and improved manufacturing techniques to improve process, product quality and reduce cost; leading continuous improvement efforts across the site; planning and implementing preventative maintenance programs; managing capital projects; assisting in the development and introduction of new products [working in partnerships with R&D, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain and Manufacturing, coordinating, reporting on and monitoring Lean Manufacturing activities across the business [we want to achieve Best Practice]; coordinating the resolution of quality issues.
Additional Selection Criteria includes:
- A well-developed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S Housekeeping, Mistake Proofing and Root Cause Analysis principles;
- Great communication skills you'll be a skilled communicator who connects, engages, influences and excels in a collaborative work environment;
- First-rate planning and organisational skills you'll use your time well and take planned and methodical approach;
- The knack for problem solving you'll view problems as opportunities and enjoy taking a creative, innovate and fresh approach;
- Good technology skills; and,
- Sound numeracy and literacy skills.
- Previous experience working in the manufacture of a steel based product [or a products with steel components] will be also be well regarded, however is not essential.
Please ensure your resume includes at least 2 past employer referee's including current contact names and phone numbers.
You must be able to support your application with 2 references that reflect previous jobs
Applications that do not meet all the above criteria will not be considered.
Sorry enquiries will not be taken by phone.
You must be able to work in Australia to apply for this job.